Monday, February 28, 2011

"I wanna be a billionaire...so f-ing bad"

Hence all these obnoxious dollar signs.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, money's the least of my concerns.   What I need is an idea - a GOOD idea, one that will bring me prestige, fame, and of course - fortune. That's why I've started this blog - because I need HELP! A good idea always seems so obvious after someone else has it (like the corkscrew. This little object has become one of my most prized possessions - but imagine all those people who had to gnaw the cork out of a wine bottle with their TEETH before this precious invention came to be. Brings a tear to my eye).

But I digress. As I was saying, I need a good idea. As an aspiring entrepreneur, I can't very well own a business (or several businesses, thereby launching my plan for world domination) without a solid business idea. So instead of sitting around twiddling my thumbs hoping the idea comes to me in the form of a Grey's Anatomy episode, I'm taking action. I'm committing to posting at least one business idea every single week for the next year.

That's right folks - I'm letting it allll hang out. The good, the bad, and the fugly.

Some of you may be thinking: why post all of your ideas on the internet? What if someone steals them!?!?!? The thing is...if you're thinking that, you're giving my yet-to-be-formed ideas wayyyy too much credit. 90% of these ideas will probably be horrible, unattainable, and completely batshit insane. And I'm fine with that, because I really only need one of these 52 ideas to be good.

So, you say, even if there's only one good one - aren't I worried about that idea being stolen? And again I say, not in the least. The thing is, even if I manage to come up with a brilliant idea, anyone who wants to steal it is going to have to put in a lot of work to do so. And if they do the work and beat me to the punch, then I guess I deserve to have my idea stolen.  What I'm hoping is that instead of having a bunch of readers looking to poach my ideas, some of you may actually want to help me. If you read an idea and think it's great - tell me why! If you think it's horrible - stop me before it's too late! And if you want to get involved - by all means get in touch with me.

The one thing I know for sure is that NO ONE runs a successful business alone. I need all the help I can get. So if you're up for it, let's do it. 52 weeks, 52 business ideas, 52 potential reasons to un-friend me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment