Friday, April 1, 2011

ROBBED!

So, I gotta be honest with this one - I'm a little salty.

Why, you ask? Because I woke up this morning with a BRILLIANT idea, only to discover someone had already beaten me to the punch. Needless to say, this post is gonna be a little short...

The idea:
An 'I.O.U' app. The purpose of the app would be to give people a way to keep track of what they owed others, and what others owed them. (Cuz I mean, I know I'm not the only one who gets tired of bailing out their friends who "forgot to bring cash" or "didn't realize there'd be a cover", and then NEVER getting paid back.)


The rub:
These fools thought of this idea back in 2008. TWO THOUSAND FREAKING EIGHT. So, not only am I late....I'm late by a long shot. And they aren't the only ones: other apps can be found here, here, and here. Which basically means any attempt of mine to *improve* upon the current model would probably be futile...especially considering the minor detail that I have no tech background whatsoever.

Why I'm posting:
Well for one thing, I have a deadline. I promised one idea a week and gosh darnit I'm going to post a new idea if it kills me! And since I came up with this idea without realizing 1,000 other fools had already launched it, I like to think it still counts.

The other thing is, I think this post just goes to show how useless a good idea is. The fact of the matter is, if you have a great idea, chances are so does someone else. I know this may sound a bit counter to the whole point of this blog, but in reality, my blog only supports this theory. I'm not worried about people stealing my ideas, because for all I know - they had them first! I want your feedback not just because it may help me launch one of these businesses, but because the process of refining and executing an idea is just as important (or actually, more important) than the idea itself.

So yeah - my 5th business idea was a dud. I'm not letting it stop me though, so meet me back here next week for what will surely be the BILLION DOLLAR BANGER.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of that said...I'm still feeling a little salty.

If you could just move a little to the left...yep, right there, directly in my face.




PS - In case you're unfamiliar with the urban use of this word, definition can be found here.

Shoutout to: entrepremother, senseitalks

No comments:

Post a Comment